Friday, May 26, 2017

Pixi Double Cleanse Review


When I first discovered beauty my love was all for the makeup. However as every year passes my love for makeup subsides and my passion for skincare rises. Don’t get me wrong I’m still a blush addict and a tinted lip balm lover, but for me having healthy looking skin is everything. Actually, I know I’m not the only one thinking this because in the past few years skincare has exploded. If you look further into the skincare surge two things are obvious, 1. Effective, affordable priced skincare has become more mainstream, 2. Due to bloggers skincare has become cool and interesting rather then a chore. So when your favourite affordable skincare line releases a colab product with your favourite skincare bloggers I mean you really have no choice then to buy the product.

Today I'm reviewing Pixi's collaboration with Caroline Hirons. For those of you who didn't know Caroline is a blogger and fairy godmother of all things skincare. However most importantly the person who put double cleansing on the map.

For those of you thinking ‘why would I double cleanse’, my answer to you is you should be because it can make a huge difference in your skin. The first step to the double cleanse is using some sort of fatty cleanser to break down dirt and makeup. The second step is using a cleanser that treats your skin. For example if you had dry skin this is where you would put your hydrating cleanser. The combination of the two cleanses takes only a few minutes it will seriously make your skin look clearer and more luminous than ever before.

Caroline’s double cleanser consists of two cleansers (a solid cleansing oil, and a cleansing cream) in one convenient package. The solid cleansing oil contains vitamin e, moisturizing camellia oil and redness reducing evening primrose oil. However and most importantly the texture of this cleansing oil glides over your face with easy and breaks apart makeup like no one’s business. The second cream cleanser is really nice too. It contains peptides that plump the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid, soothing aloe, arginine which helps improve elasticity. Both cleansers are scent free and contain zero nasty ingredients.


I like this product a lot, its works, it comes in convenient packaging and at $25.00 for two cleansers it’s cost effective too. Most importantly because of the gentle formula I can see a lot of skin types enjoying this. So Caroline thank you for being witty, introducing us to the double cleanse and teaming up with Pixi! If you see Pixi’s double cleanse it’s a product that I love and can’t recommend enough.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I picked this up a few months ago but haven't given it a proper trial because I'm still trying to finish up my other cleansers. It sounds fab though!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete