Saturday, April 8, 2017

Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm Review

I’m going to start this review with a confession, well multiple confessions. 
1.I have been purchasing way too much skin care lately. I say that like its problem, but I live for this! 
2. I have been on the search for a thick cleansing balm. 
3. I love affordable skincare, but the last truth is I’ve been craving something luxe. Sure there are many affordable cleansing balm out there, but I desire decadence (within reason). 
Admired by many and respected in the beauty community I ended up with Darphin’s Aromatic Cleansing Balm and 3 weeks of thoroughly testing here are my thoughts.


Darphin was founded on the principal of perfection. There products smell divine, the ingredient list not only features the best components but it’s actually maliciously thought out too. Why does there packaging fit perfectly in the palm of your hand? It’s rounded and weighted. Why does there body range smell heavenly? There roses are painstakingly picked at dawn to ensue you are getting the scent of the unfolding flower… that kind of perfection. It’s actually one of the only companies that openly admits they don’t care how much their product costs, because they refuse to cut back on quality. So when I craved a fancy cleansing balm, Darphin was my number one choice. 

Despite the beautiful weighted glass and the lovely scent, for me this cleansing balm is all about the ingredients. This cleansing balm contains an hydrogenated polydecene base. This high end man made oil is commonly used as a replacement to mineral oil, it’s perfect for sensitive skin and oily too. While some swear in its antiaging benefits, I personally love the slip this gives. Meaning you can really work this cleansing balm into your skin. The good people at Darphin have also added nourishing jojoba oil and hydrating macadamia seed oil, both excellent lightweight oils perfect for most skin types. 

My favourite feature is the addition of rosewood oil. This oil is really a miracle product, because it balances all skin types, helps support healthy regeneration of cells and helps maintain elasticity to the skin. Also, on the aromatherapy side of things rosewood has anxiety, depression fighting qualities. Some also report that rosewood works as an aphrodisiac … what I’m saying is hubby stay away from my Darphin. 

This also has soothing, pure vanilla extract which makes this cleansing balm smell absolutely heavenly. In addition vanilla is also an anti-oxidant and yes, it too can be used by every skin type. My only knock on this product is that the website doesn’t feature a complete ingredient list, because if I was Darphin I would be plastering it everywhere. With that being said I called Darphin’s customer service and they emailed me one in less than 5 minutes time.

Despite the minor hiccup in ingredients, I have to say I love Darphin’s Aromatic Cleansing Balm. Its rich, luxurious, spreads easily over the skin, removes makeup and smells like a fancy spa. The formula is paraben free and features some excellent ingredients. It’s the perfect product for a lavish spa at home experience and it can be used by every skin type. From the weighted bottle to the heavenly scent if your craving a skin care treat look no further than the Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment