Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Lipstick Review

There is no better makeup treat then a Guerlain lipstick. Yes, they are luxe, but for the most part there steep price tag is followed by a superior product. So if you saw my new Guerlain haul (see here) you will know I splurged on one of there new La Petite Robe Noire lipsticks. I'm literally busting at the seems because over the past couple of weeks I've been testing and let's just say I have some things to share, so let's begin!

Let's start off with the most obvious the clear acrylic bullet is stunning and sleek. It's classy, eye catching all while remaining to be functional. Why can't all lipstick be packaged like this? The next eye catching trait is the colour, because in the packaging it looks black. However when applied this colour transforms into a flattering sheer shimmery plum. Seriously I whipped this out in front of my makeup loving cousin and she had 'I need that' moment right before my eyes. While the colour looks rather sparkly in the tube I find the texture to be smooth and the finish to be hydrating.

Is this the perfect lipstick? No.
The pitfall of this lipstick is the overwhelming perfume scent. It kind of smells like roses and cherries, which I honestly say I can't mind. However it's definitely something you want to try before purchasing. Futhermore Guerlain claims these can be built up to an intense colour... I'm telling you right now I could rub this lipstick on my lips all day and it won't leave my lips black.

So is this as great as a lipstick treat as I thought, personally yes. I love the hydrating finish, the fancy packaging and the sheer wash of colour. With that being said this isn't the be all, end all of lipstick... or in other words there's nothing revolutionary here. If sheer colour is your deal and you had a few bucks to spend you might want to give this a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment