Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What's in my hospital beauty bag?

Before you roll your eyes at me let me explain!
I don’t plan on wearing a full face of makeup during labour. Nor do I care if I look tired, ill or pale after birth. My beauty bag is solely based on the principal of 'I want to have things to make me as comfortable as possible during my stay at the hospital'. Yes, I realize childbirth isn’t a fashion show but I just can’t help that beauty takes me to my zen place. So ladies and gentleman (I’m sure most men have clocked out by now) these are the contents of my hospital beauty bag.


Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Balm  
From what I’ve read lip balm is a must during childbirth. I’m not sure if this is from the intense breathing or the dry hospital air, but I don't want to added discomfort of cracked lips. To combat this pesky inconvenience I have selected the Fresh Advanced Therapy. Why you ask? Basically I read a ton of good reviews and thought it sounded like a good idea.

Clinique Moisture Surge Facial Mist
Beauty guru, journalist and a complete kick ass, Sali Hughes mentioned this spray was a must have during child birth. It’s refreshing, hydrating and ultimately if it’s good enough for Sali its good enough for me. Total diva product, but everything about this spray sounds like a good idea.

Lavender Aromatherapy Spray
Will lavender aromatherapy spray work as a natural from of an epidural? I don’t think so. With that being said I do like the scent of lavender and I’m willing to try just about anything to keep me calm during labour. This natural aromatherapy spray was an affordable $10.00, so I thought to myself why not?
On a side note I think this would make a lovely affordable pillow spray as well.  

Ole Henriksen Nurture Me Cleansing Clothes
I am a proper cleanse kind of girl through and through! AND I recommend you always take the time to properly cleanse your skin, but I’ve heard sometimes in labour things get crazy and your skincare routine goes out the door. So while I am still bringing a proper cleanser with me I thought these whips could come in handy should I need them. Again I bought these based on rave reviews; let’s hope they live up to the hype!

Dior Skin BB Cream
I love Dior’s BB cream because it’s light weight, natural looking, moisturizing and you can apply it with your fingers. Should I want to spruce myself up a bit this seems like the perfect handy must have product.

Clarins Instant Concealer
Again if I feel like getting slightly dolled I thought this might be good to have in my bag. As for the product itself this is my go to, high coverage, long lasting concealer of choice. I have a whole review on this product here. I can’t tell you how much I love this stuff it’s probably one of the best products I’ve tried this year.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Mascara makes your eyes look brighter, bigger and more awake. For the seconds it takes to apply mascara is a must for me and barely takes any room in my bag too.

The slew of samples!
The Honest Company Face and Body Lotion - I am prone to dry skin so I thought this mini tube would come in handy especially since hospitals are prone to being so dry.

The Honest Company Body Wash-Our hospital tells you to bring your own body soap, again I had a tube of this kicking around in my sample stash.

The Honest Company Lavender Hand Soap- Not really sure why I am bringing this, but it smells nice so its coming with me!

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter-This nourishing cleanser is both gentle and hydrating. For those who know me know I can't be without a proper cleanse.

Clarins Blue Orchid Oil- A dry, sensitive skincare must! This oil is so nourishing I'm not even worried about taking a serum or a traditional moisturizer with me. 

So with the baby coming any day now, I welcome any suggestions what did back in your hospital bag? I am actually I'm surprised I haven't put myself into labour by this long winded post. 
I hope all of your enjoyed your holidays and have a Happy New Years ... until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great bag! The Smashbox mascara is one of my favorites!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete