Sunday, November 15, 2015

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant Review

I have very fond memories of Aveda. Come to think about it every product I’ve tried smell like a spa and it’s hard to make bad memories when you’re feeling so darn relaxed. Their body care range is amazing, there haircare products are outstanding and there composition oils are on another level of excellence. Surprisingly although I’ve been using Aveda products for over a decade I have yet to dabble with the skincare. So feeling like a little risky and in need of a good chemical exfoliation I purchased the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant.

Chemical exfoliating is the act of using an acid to remove dead skin cells. Why would you want to remove dead skin cells you ask? Well firstly it will make your skin glow, because you’re seeing the newest purist skin. Secondly, it will improve the performance of your skincare. Thirdly, makeup will apply smoother and with more ease. Fourthly (I can go on for days) basically exfoliation is a vital part of a skincare routine it you want to achieve healthy beautiful skin.

Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant dead skin sloughing ingredients are salicylic acid and lactic acid. Lactic acid is that mild chemical exfoliator that literally eats its way through dead skin cells. Sounds like a horror story, but this gentle ingredient has to be one of my all-time favourites. The other acid this uses is salicylic which is commonly used in products for oily prone skin types. I found the combination of acids mild yet effective at reducing shine, increasing clarity and give you that sought after glow.

Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant also boasts Witch Hazel. Personally, I think many skin types can seek benefit from a little witch hazel. Oily skin types will find Witch Hazel helps reduce the size of pores, removes blackheads and prevents spots too. In addition Witch Hazel has also been found to treat psoriasis and eczema too.

Witch Hazel and a duo of acids? Sounds intimidating, but rest assured Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant is gentle, glow inducing goodness. Aveda suggests this product can be used on every skin type and I couldn’t agree more.  I also have to say the relaxing lavender scent is a nice spa-like touch to my nightly skincare routine too. At $30.00 CAD a bottle I can’t recommend this affordable, effective treatment enough.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember that this stuff was super hyped about 10 years ago- I'll have to give it another peek! Glad you're loving it :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend it!!!
      It also smells really nice tooo :)

      Delete