Thursday, September 24, 2015

Chanel Rouge Noir

When fall hits some girls go crazy over pumpkin spice lattes, while others can’t wait to start wearing their favourite bulky sweaters. Don’t get me wrong I’m not one to turn down a pumpkin spice latte but for me fall means one thing… Chanel Rouge Noir nail varnish.


Rouge Noir is the kind of shade that gracefully dances between black and red. The overall effect is not only flattering, but darn it’s really sexy too. As for the formula itself this polish is pigmented, creamy and just generally a pleasure to apply. It’s pretty much everything you would expect a luxury nail polish to be.


Apparently I’m not the only one who finds the shade irresistible, because Chanel Rouge Noir has quite the history too. Orginally released as the colour Vamp in 1994 this nail polish flew off the shelves. Like it really flew off the shelves, in the first year alone this stunning shade hit the $1 million mark in sales.  

Worn by both Madonna (in Take a Bow) and Uma Thermon (in Pulp Fiction) this is one classic, sexy colour.  With its outstanding quality I have to say Rouge Noir is among of the best polishes in my collection. If you were looking for a beautiful polish this fall I highly recommend this vampy, yet timeless shade.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous shade! It reminds me of Essie's Wicked

    Brunette-ish | A Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get excited for vampy nail polish season too ;) Love the classic shade! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampy colours are my favourite colours too!
    Thanks for visiting Jen :)

    ReplyDelete