Thursday, August 27, 2015

Worth the Save

From drugstore to high end I love the world of beauty. Yes, there are items I think are well worth the investment, but on the other hand I think there are items you can definitely save one. So with my post on luxurious beauty investments done (see post here) I thought why not share with you favourite drugstore staples.

Budget Mascara
In my experience there are just as many good drugstore mascaras out there as high end. Yes, I loved a number of high end mascaras in the past. With that being said I can’t shake the feeling cheaper mascaras offer similar (or better) results but for a fraction of the price. Some of my all-time favourites are the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume, Maybelline Great Lash Volume and Maybelline Miss Manga.  Also while it’s never worked for me Covergirl’s Lash Blast seems to be a favourite among friends and beauty experts too.

Inexpensive Lip Balm
There was a time where I thought Dior’s Crème De Rose was my Holy Grail lip balm. Crème De Rose is hydrating and the classic white Dior Packaging looks beautiful too. Maybe I was hypnotized by the pretty packaging? Maybe it was the online hype? But I can now wholeheartedly say that I’m just as happy with my drugstore lip balms and recommend them over any luxury brand I’ve ever tried.
Three of my favourites from the drugstore are the NUXE Reve De Miel (excellent for overnight hydration), Nivea Touch of Honey (great everyday staple) and Blistex Lip Medex (amazing for sore, chapped lips).


Bargain Blush
NARS, MAC and Hourglass are three amazing companies that make noteworthy blushes. I have a serious weakness for pricey blushes, but the more I try budget friendly formulas the more impressed I am. So if you’re looking to save, there are great drugstore blushes out there.
 Some of my favourites are ELF blushes (they do amazing bold pigmented colours) and Bourjois blushes (spot on dupes for Chanel blushes).

What are some of your favourite budget beauty choices leave me a comment below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment