Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Disappointing Products

There are some excellent beauty products out there and then there are some not so great ones. Today we are talking about the not so great ones. I have to confess disappointing products themed posts are my favourite not only to read but to write too. However before I get started take everything with a grain of salt, if something doesn’t work for me that doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. With that in mind here are my disappointing products.

Estelle and Thild Sensitive Skin Night Cream
I am into every single fantastic ingredient in this moisturizer. I also really like how this feels on my face, but I can’t get over the scent of this. The times where I have worn this I have been so put off by the scent that I’ve actually had to wash my face after. Maybe I have a bad bottle? However if you see are considering this Night Cream and are considering purchasing… proceed with caution!

Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash
Again another scent related product… This camomile lavender scented body wash smells like root beer to me. Thinking about it this might be a pregnancy symptom because I know people love the scent of this. The body wash itself is really nice ... its just the scent that throws me off. Maybe it was expecting something with more lavender? I'm not sure what it is about this, but all I smell is root beer. 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light
With promises of vibrant skin I thought this would be a perfect match for my dry skin. I couldn’t be more then wrong! This oily absorbing foundation leaves my skin looking dry and cracked. To make matters worse the lightest shade is unflattering shade of orange that looks unnatural against my pale skin. Dare I say it? but the whole shade range runs a little on the orange side so if you were interested in this foundation definitely suggest sampling/trying before purchasing.

MAC Plumful
Plumful is a beautiful plummy pink that looks stunning on. While this shade adds a colour to the lips the creamy texture makes it easy to wear. Sounds perfect right? Nope! It took me years to realize why I never reach for MAC lipsticks… I hate the plastic-y vanilla scent to them.
I feel like no one ever complains about the scent of MAC, am I the only one? Perfect shade, amazing finish, creamy texture… this lipstick is so close to being perfect it’s disappointing.

What are some of your disappointing products leave me a comment! 



No comments:

Post a Comment