Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Klorane Dry Shampoo Reivew



Klorane’s dry shampoo was the first dry shampoo I’ve ever tried. A recommendation from a magazine, I thought this would be the ultimate lazy girl product. Despite always having a bottle kicking around, I was never able to break the habit of washing my hair daily. Yes, I have the horrible habit of washing my hair daily. Before I start getting hate mail let’s not focus on the past, because this girl has changed her ways.

Originally formulated for the hospital environment Klorane’s dry shampoo has been around for 40 years.  Word quickly spread about this miracle product all the way to the fashion industry and that’s where the cult status dry shampoo was born. Today there are three different variations of the dry shampoo, Oil Absorbing with nettle, Gentle with Oat extract and Natural Shade with Oat Milk.

Over the past few years I have tried all three versions. The Natural Shade is a great one for brunettes or redheads. While the product itself is tinted, it doesn’t transfer on to clothes nor does it run down your face.  The Oil Absorbing version is great for those who have really oily hair. However, it’s also great for reviving after workout hair. Last and my favourite is the Gentle Dry shampoo with oat extract. I find this version gives me the cleanest hair, with extra benefit of adding volume and texture too. This product does produce a slight white cast, but it absorbs so quickly it’s really nothing to fear.

Last week I was invited to a Klorane hair care event. Good food and great company aside, one of the highlights was my hair consultation with Caroline Bufalini. Despite having bedhead and feeling slightly intimidating Caroline made me feel at ease instantly. My consultation started off pretty straight forward, what do you with your hair? have you tried Klorane? … Then out of nowhere I was hit with this revelation, I don’t my hair every day because I wash it every day. Into which Caroline, casually stated “who has time for all that, that is why we have dry shampoo”
I’m not sure why I needed to be told this out loud, but after one week I can thoroughly say I am a changed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment