Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back to Bourjois

I don’t talk about foundation often, not because I don’t like foundation, but mainly because I am at a crossroads right now. Currently I have two bases on the go Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and NARS Sheer Glow.  I did a wishy washy review on NARS Sheer Glow here and to be honest my mind is still unclear whether I like it or not. I like the coverage and the color but at times I find Sheer Glow too drying. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light hasn’t gotten much love on the blog. It’s not a bad it’s just nothing jaw dropping either, plus the colour is slightly off.

Call this a foundation hissy fit if you would like.
My logic has always been never to be wasteful, but I have come to a point where I am fed up with attempting to make both products work. So I came to the conclusion it’s time for me to throw in the towel go to my all-time favorite Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum.

There are some great things going on this foundation so where do we even start? Its glow-y but without the added shimmer, long wearing but without being cakey, it’s medium coverage but still remains light weight and its hydrating but not tacky. More importantly and what it all comes down to is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum makes my parched skin look healthy. Even the scent makes me smile!

Why did I ever stray from this perfect formula? I don’t know, but as I am typing this with a huge smile on my face I am glad to have Bourjois back into my life.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, I love this foundation it certainly ticks every box :) I think I need to invest in another bottle pronto after reading this!

    Best wishes,

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it and I'm seriously wondering why I ever went to anything else.

      Delete
  2. I was just getting back into wearing this and I lost it on vacation! :(( It really is a great foundation and I wish they would come out with a shade that's a tad lighter. I'll have to stock up when I'm on vacation ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay... apparently there is a lighter shade they sell in Asia.
      With that being said that might as well be a foundation unicorn because I've never been able to find it online. Does it exist? I'm not sure. Do they need a paler shade? Hell yes!

      Delete