Saturday, May 10, 2014

I’m just not into it!


Berry stained lips, dark grey nails and glowy skin are all things I am very much into.
However even as a self-proclaimed beauty addict there are certain things I just can’t get into.

Colored Eye shadow
I love bronzy eye shadows, shimmery pinks and on the rare occasion I like plumy purples. However I struggle with wearing colored eye shadows on a day to day basis. There are some beautiful pallets featuring some amazing colors of eye shadows but in my heart of hearts I know I won’t wear them.

Pink Nail Polish
Dearest pink nail polish how I have made an effort to love you.
In all seriousness I really have! I think hot pink nails in the middle of the summer look stunning. But there is something about pink nail polish that I can’t do.
It might be my skin tone but pink nail polish just doesn’t feel right on me.

Nude Lip Stick
Bright corals lipsticks and vampy red lip stains bring it on! However I must admit I shy away from nude lipsticks. For two reasons:
         I have naturally pigmented lips so I feel like my natural lip colour always peeks though the pale colour.
         I am very pale so I find really pale colours wash me out.
So while many think nude lipsticks are perfect answer to any look I have to disagree for me a nude lip just doesn’t work.

Frosted Lipstick
Le Metier de Beaute Ibiza looks beautiful, kind of like an orgasm but in a tube.
Wow that sounded crazy NARS Orgasm blush that is, you perverts!
I was so hyped out this color I thought it would be revolutionary. Well it turns out to I’m not into frosted lipstick. Same with Rimmel Rose Sorbet which is truly a stunning colour. The shimmery frost just makes my small lips look wilted! The overall impression just doesn’t look flattering.





What aren’t you into? Leave me a comment!

5 comments:

  1. Great post I'm the same with pink polish, or…dare I ay pastel polishes they do nothing for my skin tone however there's three from ESSIE that manage to look fantastic :D x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah pink just doesn't do it for me too!
      Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I hear ya! I find nude and frosted lips so hard to wear too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one out there!
      Maybe its a pale girl thing but nude lips just look off on me!
      Thanks for the comment Jen.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty iffy on nudes and frosty lipsticks too! I was just looking at my nail polish collection (/hoarding stash) and I just realized that I don't own any pink polishes! I guess I find them off putting too!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete