Sunday, March 16, 2014

The 5 min makeup look

 Truthfully I love a quick makeup look. Day to day my makeup looks hardly surpass 10 min’s but its on weekends that I master the 5 min look.

I always start my look off with Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. This is definitely a go to foundation because it’s hydrating enough that it blends flawlessly into my dry skin. I always start off by using a little on my chin and around my nose. On days where I have more time I apply more but usually I just apply to cancel out any redness. Next is concealer! Usually this is a two-step process and sometimes three. To make things effective and quick I apply Clinique’s Airbrush concealer to the darkest parts of my eyes.  Keeping up with my usual routine I blend concealer with my fingers.

With my base on I am ready for the eyes. Honestly, applying eye shadows makes me lose track of time. So to avoid a getting sucked in I don’t dare open an eye shadow pallet. However, because my lids are vieny I quickly apply Smashbox’s eye primer on. This is a nice product to use because it neutralizes darkness but also doesn’t crease. With every temptation to open my NARS eye shadow pallet I quickly apply a generous coat of Mascara. Right now I am using the Bourjois Glamour Max. Personally the wand is a too big but it thickens up the lashes nicely.

A little pop of colors on the cheeks can really wake up your completion. So the one I am going for is the Dior Rosy Glow blush. Especially because my makeup is so simple I think it’s important to give the face some light. For the finishing touch I apply the Clarins Lip Perfector and Spray on some Moonbeam.
No idea what Moonbeam is … its like a very light version of Angel. I Moonbeam also has mild woody notes which I really like too!
Personally I would sear away from a cat liner because I have a tendency to mess thing up when I’m in a rush. Stay away from big eye shadow pallets or too many options! Yes lots rambling but I think the trick to a 5 min makeup look is to use products you know that work for you.

Now off to paint my nails! 
Hope you all are having a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love that foundation and love it! Your makeup looks gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous and your lashes are amazing!

    x, Phoebe-Cate // phoebecate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, everyday look! Simple, but makes you look flawless :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin is pretty darn incredible! I love this 5 minute look, it's lovely. I loved the Bourjois foundation, but it was a tiny bit too dark for my pale skin. I'm hoping during the summer months when I get a bit of colour I'll be able to wear it.

    ReplyDelete