Thursday, January 16, 2014

Skincare Basics


I’m not here to cause controversy, or any sort of makeup scandal but these are the skin care pieces you actually need. While some of us skincare veterans boast skin treatments for every skin condition this post is for the girl who is new to the whole skin care game. So lets not scare her, instead lets welcome her with 3 easy to use products!
Plus us veterans have lazy days too, right?


Cleanser
I am one of those people that make my friends all wash there faces before bed. Yes they hate me but when they wake up looking fresh, I like to think they thank me for it. Over any other skincare product you need a cleanser. Not only does it feel nice, but also it removes makeup and any kind of grime built up during the day.
Personally I like cleansers that I can use on my eyes, that leave my skin moisturized and most of all clean. Favorites of mine are Philosophy Purity and NUXE Comfort Cleansing Milk.

Moisturizer
Weather your adding moisture, clearing hyper pigmentation or controlling acne there’s a moisturizer for you out there. The thing about moisturizer is you need to know your skin, which can be tricky because it’s always changing. The best advice I could ever give someone is to out moisturizer before you buy it. If your lucky enough to get a sample great, if not try it out on your hand or face in store. I am always reluctant to purchase anything before trying it and you should be too!
In addition also be aware that perfumes, mineral oils and high alcohol contents because they can irritate your skin more then moisturize.

Exfoliate
It basically comes down to this…
Do you want glowy skin? Exfoliating gets rid of all the dead skin cells and shows the beautiful skin underneath. It also helps your makeup go on smoother, your cleanser clean better, your moisturize moisture deeper and 100 other things. No matter what your skin type there’s an exfoliator for you. If you’re not a fan of scrubbing your skin there are chemical exfoliator’s that do the same thing too. I usually exfoliate 3 times a week but what it really comes down to is, I use it when I need too.

Yes, these very three basic products for great skin, but I thought I would do this post for the average girl who is bombarded by skincare. Because I mean we all were that girl at some point!



1 comment:

  1. I too make my friends cleanse before bed usually! I really like that step of skincare, it's the most refreshing part! :)

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete