Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Makeup for the Understated Halloweeners

If you don’t own a dirty French maid costume this one is for you!

I’m sure there’s more than one of you out there that love Halloween but prefer to celebrate in a more subtle way. Don’t get me wrong if you like to go out dressed as whatever, go for it! But my idea of a good Halloween is eating mini chocolates and watching Hocus Pocus. So keep reading to find out my Halloween inspired makeup picks.



Nail Polish
I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of orange nail polish. To still keep things festive I like to wear colors greens like China Glaze it’s alive or oddball colors like MAC’s Mean and Green or Chanel’s Peridot.

Lip Color
Halloween is the perfect day to play around with a darker lip color. I love this Anna Sui color because it’s very wearable but can be built up to a darker shade too.
I’ve added NARS Albatross lip-gloss because just incase your scarred of the vampy lip any creamy colored gloss can tone down a darker color and make it more wearable.

Cheeks
Lastly when wearing a strong lip color I always like to wear a little bit of a darker blush. I in particularly like Becca’s Cream Blush in Lotus because it’s the perfect pair for any dark lip look. NARS Sin or any berry-toned blush would work with a darker lip too!

Candy
I have such a sweet tooth at this time of year.
My favorites have been Hershey Almonds and Chocolate bars. I have to say I’m also looking forward to Caramel Bars too! Oh and Candy Corn!

Well that concludes my Halloween Makeup inspirations.
What ever you choose to wear for Halloween I wish you a safe and fun night!
Thanks for reading and until next time!
Tanya

Ps: make my day and subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment